Dr. Erin Ducat is a chiropractic physician trained in the diagnosis and non-surgical management of pelvic floor conditions for men and women. She works in conjunction with your medical doctor, chiropractor, midwife and/or gynecologist to help you return to your active lifestyle without pelvic symptoms.
You may be referred to Dr. Ducat by your health care provider or can also see her directly without a referral. Reports on your progress will be sent to all of the providers involved with your diagnosis to ensure quality care and follow up. She sees a variety of pelvic floor patients from men to pregnant women to post-baby and even seniors. It’s never too late to start addressing your pelvic floor concerns!
Dr. Ducat has received additional training in the diagnosis and management of pelvic floor disorders with the Herman Wallace Institute in addition to her board-certifications in sports medicine, orthopedics and rehabilitation. Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation is considered physical therapy and is covered by most insurance companies.
When you see Dr. Ducat for a pelvic floor condition, she will ask you questions about your symptoms and other professionals you have seen. If needed, she will perform an internal pelvic muscle examination to determine if your muscles are tight, tender, weak or deconditioned. Sometimes she also needs to check to see how your other joints and muscles are moving as well.
Based on her findings and your goals, she will custom design a treatment plan that might include myofascial release, manipulation, strengthening exercises, stretches, biofeedback using surface EMG technology and changing your lifestyle to get back to 100% as quickly as possible.
Some of the conditions which can be treated with pelvic floor rehabilitation at Ducat Chiropractic & Sports Medicine include:
- Urinary stress incontinence (leaking urine when you cough, sneeze, run, jump, lift etc)
- Dyspareunia (pain with penetration or intercourse)
- Cystocele, Rectocele or other organ prolapse (bladder, uterus or rectum “falling out”)
- Pelvic Pain (male and female)
- Coccydynia (tailbone pain)
- Diastasis Recti (split abdominal muscles)
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (pubic bone pain)
- Pain or weakness post-abdominal surgery
- Post-childbearing scar conditions
- Post-baby pelvic floor muscle evaluation and core strengthening programs
- Low back, pelvis and hip pain during pregnancy
If you have questions, feel free to email Dr. Ducat personally at email@example.com. Schedule your appointment online or call us at 224-653-8094.