Saturday, April 7th, 2018
9:00am 5K Timed Run, 8:45am 400 meter Kids Dash
Mallard Lake Forest Preserve, Bloomingdale, IL 60108
The #1 Suburban Early Spring 5k with a Finisher’s Medal, Tech Shirt and 400m Kids Dash!
Run along the path that surrounds the naturally beautiful waterfront in Mallard Lake Forest Preserve.
Flat and fast course, mix of paved asphalt and crushed limestone – no grass. Start/finish line is on asphalt. USA Track and Field Certification #IL-13156-JW
- Custom Finisher’s Medal
- Short Sleeve Technical Running Shirt (youth, ladies and unisex sizing) Click here to view size charts.
- Custom Designed Award Medals to top three finishers in each age category (men and women; under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+). Yes! We have expanded the age categories for the 65 year old and better crowd.
- Cash Prizes for 1st ($100), 2nd ($75) and 3rd ($50) Place Overall for Male and Female
- 400 meter Kids Dash for ages 2-12 years, asphalt course, keepsake medal award (just like the runners!) and short sleeved cotton t-shirt
- Plenty of restrooms, water and post-race refreshments
- Free parking at Stratford Square Mall, adjacent to the start/finish line
- Disposable electronic chip timing with instant time results kiosks and instant time results texted to your cellphone. Race Timing for the April Fools 5K is Provided by Race Works Timing (RaceWorksTiming.com).
- Packet pick-up will be on Thursday, April 5th, from 3-7pm; Friday, April 6th from 3-7pm at Trinity Lutheran Church, 405 Rush St, Roselle, IL 60172. You can also get your packet on race day at the starting line from 7:30am-8:30am. Due to the busy nature of race day, we highly recommend early packet pick up.
Train to run this race by also registering for the 10 week Walk to Run Program at the Itasca Park District starting on January 27th at 8AM (separate cost/registration). See details below.
- 5K, Early Bird Registration (ends 02/25/18 at 11:59 pm) $30
- 5K, Regular Registration (ends 03/31/18 at 11:59pm) $35
- 5K, Race Week Registration (online registration ends at 12:00 noon on Friday, 04/06/18) $40
- 5K, Race Day Registration (register at the race between 7:30am-8:30am, CASH ONLY) $40
- 400 meter Kids Dash, Early Bird Registration (ends 03/03/18 at 11:59 pm) (ages 2-12) $12
- 400 meter Kids Dash, Regular Registration (ends 03/31/18 at 11:59pm) (ages 2-12) $14
- 400 meter Kids Dash, Race Week Registration (online registration ends at 12:00 noon on Friday, 04/06/18) $16
- 400 meter Kids Dash, Race Day Registration (register at the race between 7:30am-8:30am, CASH ONLY) $16
To register for either the 5k or Kids Dash, click here.
Fox River Trail Runners and CARA members can receive $5 off their registration by emailing a copy of their club card to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the promo code. If we find out that you passed this code to others who are not able to show their club card at packet pickup, the bib will not be released until the $5 is returned.
All registrations are FINAL. No refunds will be given. We will guarantee 5k and Kids Dash shirt availability/sizing for all early bird registrants. If you register after that point, we will make every attempt to have shirts available in your size, but cannot guarantee it.
Walkers are welcome at this event, but are asked to start behind faster participants and will be required to stay on the right side of the race course. All participants in 5k must cross finish line within 60 minutes of starting race. STROLLERS and DOGS are strictly prohibited for safety reasons.
Email the race director at: email@example.com
Getting to the April Fools 5k Run
The race start/finish line is located on Thorn Rd, behind Meijer, which is located at the corner of Schick Rd and Gary Ave in Bloomingdale. The race will proceed north to Lawrence Rd and then west into the Mallard Lake Forest Preserve in Hanover Park. Free parking is available in lot “J” of Stratford Square Mall in Bloomingdale. Lot “J” is located between in the NW corner of the mall, near McDonald’s. You can easily walk to the start/finish line with crosswalks and the traffic light at Schick Rd and Gary Ave. No shuttles will be provided. To view the Google Maps location for directions, click here.
About Our Charities
Founded in 2009 by Phil Zielke, a 2 time cancer survivor, and his wife, Carrie, Phil’s Friends provides and hope to those affected by cancer. Through their headquarters in Roselle, they send out handmade Cards of Hope and Care Packages constructed by volunteers as well as coordinate hospital visits to those affected by cancer.
Trinity has provided a Christ-centered education to the Chicago suburbs for more than 113 years. Each of our faculty and staff members strives daily to educate every child to be an academically successful student, a socially responsible citizen, and a Christian witness to his or her fellow human beings.
Our curriculum carefully balances challenging academics, competitive athletics, varied recreational activities, contemporary technology, and creative expression in the fine arts so that we might both prepare and inspire students to achieve at a higher level while at Trinity, and – eventually – in the high school of their choice.
Train to Race the April Fools 5k…
Dr. Erin Ducat, a Board-Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach and the Race Director of the April Fools 5k, will be leading a Walk to Run training program that will help you to be able to go from walking 30 minutes to running the our race in a supportive environment with weekly mini-workshops over 10 weeks. Unlike other beginner running programs, this one includes target strengthening and core workouts designed to help you finish the class injury free!
Held at the Itasca Park District on Saturdays at 8:00am, starting on January 27st, 2018, this program will alternate between indoor track and outdoor running depending on weather.
The cost is in addition to your race entry and separate registration is required for this Walk to Run Program. Runners who participate with the Walk to Run Program can register for the April Fools 5k at a discounted rate. Residents of Roselle, Bloomingdale, Medinah, and Itasca Park Districts can register for the Walk to Run program through their respective district and qualify for the resident rate of $30 for the program. Non-residents must register through the Itasca Park District at a rate of $40. Registration must be complete before January 27st, 2018.
Finish Line Sponsor:
Kid’s Dash T-Shirt Sponsor:
In Kind Sponsors:
For more information about sponsoring the April Fools 5k, email the race director: firstname.lastname@example.org