Join Us for the April Fools 5k Run!
Saturday, April 4th, 2015
9:00am 5K Timed Run
8:45am 400 meter Kids Dash
Mallard Lake Forest Preserve
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Email the race director at: email@example.com
The Early Spring 5k Race with a Finisher’s Medal, Tech Shirt and 400m Kids Dash!
Run along the path that surrounds the naturally beautiful waterfront in Mallard Lake Forest Preserve and show off your finisher’s medal to your friends!
Flat and fast course, mix of paved asphalt and crushed limestone – no grass. Start/finish line is on asphalt. USA Track and Field Certification #IL-13156-JW
- Custom Finisher’s Medal
- Short Sleeve Technical Running Shirt (youth, ladies and unisex sizing) for the first 750 runners. Click here to view size charts.
- Custom Designed Award Medals to top three finishers in each age category (men and women; under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65+)
- Cash Prizes for 1st ($100), 2nd ($75) and 3rd ($50) Place Overall for Male and Female
- 400 meter Kids Dash for ages 2-12 years, asphalt course, keepsake ribbon award and shirt
- Plenty of restrooms, water and post-race refreshments
- Free parking at Stratford Square Mall, adjacent to the start/finish line
- Disposable electronic chip timing
- Touchscreen time results kiosks with instant receipt printing at finish line.
- Packet pick-up at Ducat Chiropractic & Sports Medicine, 125 S. Bloomingdale Rd, Suite #11, Bloomingdale on Thursday, April 2nd, from 3-7pm, Friday, April 3rd, from 3-7pm or on race day 7:30am-8:30am
Train to run this race by also registering for the 10 week Walk to Run Program at the Roselle Park District starting on January 24th at 8AM (separate cost/registration). See details below.
5K, Early Bird Registration (ends February 28th) $30
5K, Regular Registration (ends April 1st) $35
5K, Race Week Registration (online registration ends at 12:00 noon on Friday, 04/03) $40
- 5K, Race Day Registration (register at the race between 7:30am-8:30am, CASH ONLY) $40
- 400 meter Kids Dash, Early Bird Registration (ends March 7th) (ages 2-12) $12
400 meter Kids Dash, Regular Registration (ends March 31st) (ages 2-12) $14
- 400 meter Kids Dash, Race Week Registration (online registration ends at 12:00 noon on Friday, 04/03) $16
- 400 meter Kids Dash, Race Day Registration (register at the race between 7:30am-8:30am, CASH ONLY) $16
To register, go to our page on Active.com, by clicking here.
Fox River Trail Runners and CARA members can receive $5 off if they enter their membership number during registration. Proof of membership must be shown at packet pickup to receive bib. If proof of membership is not shown, an additional $5.00 fee must be paid to receive bib.
All registrations are FINAL. No refunds will be given.
Walkers are welcome at this event, but are asked to start behind faster participants and will be required to stay on the right side of the race course. All participants in 5k must cross finish line within 60 minutes of starting race. STROLLERS and DOGS are strictly prohibited for safety reasons.
Getting to the April Fools 5k Run
The race start/finish line is located on Thorn Rd, behind Meijer, which is located at the corner of Schick Rd and Gary Ave in Bloomingdale. The race will proceed north to Lawrence Rd and then west into the Mallard Lake Forest Preserve in Hanover Park. Free parking is available in lot “J” of Stratford Square Mall in Bloomingdale. Lot “J” is located between Macy’s and JCPenney in the NW corner of the mall. You can easily walk to the start/finish line with crosswalks and the traffic light at Schick Rd and Gary Ave. No shuttles will be provided. To view the Google Maps location for directions, click here.
About Our Charity
Proceeds from this race benefit Stepping Stones for Women of Domestic Violence, a not-for-profit and Christian-based organization that empowers women of domestic violence to develop financial and emotional independence by providing them with a safe, nurturing environment. In 2014, we raised over $11,000 for Stepping Stones – enough to support a family for a year!
When someone you love uses physical violence, threats, emotional abuse, harassment, or stalking to control the behavior of his or her partners, they are committing domestic violence. Most victims of domestic violence are women. Children who witness domestic violence are also victims. They suffer from behavior and cognitive problems. Boys, especially, are likely to be aggressive and engage in criminal behavior if they grow up in homes where domestic violence exists. Help stop the violence now!
For more information, go to www.steppingstonesroselle.org.
Train to Race the April Fools 5k Run…
Dr. Erin Ducat, a Board-Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician and the Race Director, will be leading a Walk to Run training program that will help you to be able to go from walking 30 minutes to running the our race in a supportive environment with weekly mini-workshops and experienced leaders over 10 weeks. Held at the Clauss Recreational Center of the Roselle Park District (555 W Bryn Mawr Ave, Roselle, IL 60172) on Saturdays at 8:00am, starting on January 24th, 2014, this program will alternate between indoor track and outdoor running depending on weather.
The cost is in addition to your race entry and separate registration is required for this Walk to Run Program. Runners who participate with the Walk to Run Program can register for the April Fools 5k Run at a discounted rate. Residents of Roselle, Bloomingdale and Itasca Park Districts can register for the Walk to Run program through their respective district and qualify for the resident rate of $20 for the program. Non-residents must register through the Roselle Park District at a rate of $30 by calling 630-894-4200, going to their website or registering in person at 555 W. Bryn Mawr Ave, Roselle, IL 60172. Registration must be complete before January 24th, 2014.
*****2013 Pictures from Race Day*****
******2014 Race Results******
*******2014 Race Day Photos*******
Starting/Finish Line Sponsors:
Kid’s Dash Ribbon Sponsor:
Goodie Bag Sponsors:
Molly Maid of Bloomingdale, Premier Pain Specialists, Bloomingdale Garden Club, Bloomingdale Chamber of Commerce
In Kind Sponsors:
Bear Family McDonald’s – Bloomingdale